In the world of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) not only does Google write the rules, but they also give away a ton of powerful and free tools. I’m not going to go into great detail about each one, but they are all worth your time if you are aiming to do some stellar SEO link building and will help you out in extreme ways when conducting any SEO campaign.
- Google’s Keywords Tool – designed for AdWords this tool can also be used to find how much keywords are searched for each month.
- Google Analytics – powerful analytic tracking and data to show how users interact with your website.
- Google Webmaster Tools – Offering additional SEO data as well as your site’s functional performance and search engine status.
- Majestic SEO – Great Referring Links & Backlink insight.
- Search Engine Reports – Provides ranking information for your website in relation to keywords in Search Engine searches.
- Google’s URL Builder – A simple URL builder for setting up Google Analytic Campaign tracking.
- SEO for Chrome – An easy all-in-one Google Chrome extension for seeing how a website ranks and all basic info on websites.
Another service that is not free, though worth the cost for many businesses is SEM Rush. SEM Rush is far more intuitive than any of the Free Tools when it comes to helping suggest keywords and giving a competitive insight.