Previous called “cleanVideos”
How to I import a local video file?
Depending on the video format there are a variety of ways you can import the code. Note that cleanVideos supports the 3 main formats: object, iframe, embed. You’ll see these at the beginning of the HTML.The following is an example of a code you can use to pull a video from the Resources section of your site (You would replace the “VIDEO.AVI” with the proper name of the file):
<object width="100%" height="100%" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="src" value="%resource(VIDEO.AVI)%" /><param name="title" value="My Cool Video" /><embed width="100%" height="100%" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="%resource(VIDEO.AVI)%" title="My Cool Video" /> </object>
Simple Videos 2.0.0+ comes with a snippet file, though you can use any of the following formats in place of the one included. Note that width and height will not effect the video as it is fully responsive, so width will be set according to the containing element and height will be set according to the aspect ratio.
1 2 3
<video id="myVideo" width="600" height="400" controls="controls" poster="%resource(video.jpg)%"><source src="%resource(video.mp4)%" type="video/mp4" /><source src="%resource(video.webm)%" type="video/webM" /><source src="%resource(video.ogv)%" type="video/ogg" /> Your browser does not support the video tag.</video>
v2.4.1 (December 10, 2013)
- Embed code is moved to customization options section – to allow for easier editing for existing video HTML posts (note that this will cause existing embeds to not display so please save the embed code prior to updating)
- Changed instructional information when the stack is placed – newer YouTube videos were not displaying due to the omission of “http:” so please be sure to make sure that is there – it can be manually typed in if missing
- Added Maximum Height On/Off option including pixel Max Width control (if turned on)
v2.1.2 (October 29, 2013)
- Grouping changed back to ’1LD Stacks’
v2.1.1 (July 1, 2013)
- SPARKLE ready
v2.0.1 (June 27, 2013)
- Changed logo and Edit Mode (backend) icons
v2.0.0 (May 21, 2013)
- Renamed Simple Videos (cleanVideos will be a separate stack for the cleanSuite series)
- HTML5 Support
- HTML5 Snippet Included
- Edit Mode UI Changes
v1.1.0 (January 4, 2013)
The cleanVideos 1.1.0 Update adds support for custom iFrames, various websites and further support in more themes (solves previous issues displaying in some themes and containers).
v1.0.2 (October 23, 2012)
Small patch for the Free cleanVideos responsive video RapidWeaver stack./p>
The patch cleans up small coding items, that were not causing conflicts, but worth giving attention. In addition, the section for inserting the video HTML now reads “Insert HTML Here” to make further clarification that it is an HTML section vs text.
Need to update your product? Use the Order Lookup Form to download the latest version.